Thursday, October 18, 2007

Interview

Interview

Primary- Jey Ditta- Owner

What or who inspired you to open a restaurant? “I inspired myself knowing that I can make a difference. Ofcourse family and friends have also been big help.”

Opening a buisness at a young age must be difficult, how has the process been? “Stressful but exciting. The new responsibility and putting so much money towards a buisness makes me fear failure.”

How long have you wanted to open a restaurant for? Since birth. I always knew, even as a kid, that I wanted my own buisness.

Of all places, why Austin? And why this location? After I graduated, I got drafted here to Austin. Everything just kind of followed after that. I met my two best friends Tristan and Jonathan Kim (co-owner and co-worker) here and a simple idea grew into a buisness.
Basically, I'm trying to target all college towns. Right now, I'm also opening a Bambinos in Round Rock and San Marcos.

How does Bambinos differ from any other Italian restaurant? “ It's much different. All my recipes have been passed down by family. They are all classic recipes.
I built this place myself. Everything here is inspired by my grandpa. He was a Bambino and that's where the name originated from.

Do you have any future goals? Well right now we are working on building a deck. We are hoping to soon get some live music and will also be investing in a big screen soon. We want Bambinos to be a safe and fun place for all ages.

I don't want to franshise Bambinos. I son't want to lose the heart.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Here. This is my baby. The original.


What's Bambino's specialty? The Godfather. It's the sandwhich you can't refuse. Smoked ham, turkey, hard salami, pepporoni, pepperoncinis and all the veggies you want.

Delicious. :)

No comments: